Why Recyclable Packaging Is A Must-Have For Sustainable Business Practices
Today’s businesses are under increasing pressure to adopt sustainable business practices. Companies all over Aotearoa and the world are looking for the best ways to do their part for the world while remaining successful and putting out quality products. Going green isn’t always the easiest thing to do, but switching to recyclable packaging is a choice that’s extremely beneficial and rather easy.
In fact, switching to sustainable packaging is one of the most important things a company can do to reduce their environmental impact.
Think about it - how much packaging is produced and used on a daily basis? We use packaging for basically everything we make and buy. If you think about the big picture, you’ll realise that that’s heaps of packaging that’s going in the rubbish bin!
But, if that packaging is recyclable or compostable, it doesn't have to end up in a landfill or in an incinerator.
Read on to learn all about sustainable packaging and why it’s a necessity for smart New Zealand businesses.
Why Every Business Should Consider Well-Designed Eco-Friendly Packaging For Their Products
As its name implies, recyclable packaging is packaging that’s made of materials that can be more easily recycled into new products. Recyclable paper packaging is especially popular because paper is a material that’s very easy to recycle.
This type of paper packaging is designed in a way that makes it easily sorted and processed by recycling facilities. The paper can be shredded and processed into brand-new sheets of paper that are ready to be used once again. The more paper we recycle, the fewer trees have to be cut down, and less emissions are produced.
You can also choose compostable packaging, which can be conveniently tossed into a compost bin or worm farm once it’s used.
But what does this do for you as a company? Sustainable packaging is an absolute must for businesses because:
- It Reduces Your Environmental Impact. First and foremost, the best benefit of recyclable packaging is that it reduces your carbon footprint. You’re doing your part for the world, and you’re encouraging others to follow your example.
- It Improves Your Reputation. Who wants to shop from a company that doesn’t care about the environment? Customers will see that you care about more than just profits, and they’ll be more likely to trust you and support you. This can attract new customers and improve the brand loyalty of the customers you already have.
If you really want to make the best choice for your business and the Earth, you should go about your switch to sustainable packaging in a smart and calculated way. Consider the following:
- Educate Yourself. First, you should do your research before you purchase anything or change any of your business’s practices. You’ll make much better choices when you’re well-informed. Do your best to learn about recyclable packaging and eco-friendly business practices. You can also contact the packaging supplier you’re looking into to ask any questions you have. We at Ember Sustainable Packaging are always here to help!
- Start Small. Changing an entire part of your company without testing or sampling your new packaging can be a misstep. Instead, start small and slowly transition to your new packaging so you can make sure everything is done right. If you’re interested in using recyclable paper packaging, we encourage you to try one of our sample packs. We have several of these available in our store. These packs allow you to feel and experience the quality of our products yourself without committing to a large order just yet.
- Consider Eco-Friendly Printing. Think about fully eliminating the need for labels and stickers by having your company’s logo and product info printed directly onto your recyclable packaging. We offer a fantastic custom printing service for the majority of our products. Printing information directly onto your packaging makes them look better and feel more efficient. Your customers will surely love the stylish look of your products!
- Educate Your Customers. Along with educating yourself, be sure you educate your valued customers. You can put recycling or composting guidelines on your site, or you could even have it printed directly onto your packaging yourself if you choose our custom printing service. Doing so will encourage your customers to dispose of their packaging smartly. These steps can help you make the best choices possible.
How You Can Start Your Journey Towards Better, More Sustainable Business Practices Today
Recyclable packaging can improve your business and your reputation, all while reducing your impact on the environment. It’s truly a win-win situation! We at Ember Sustainable Packaging can help you make your switch to eco-friendly packaging with our quality, affordable products.
You can find our amazing sustainable products on our website. We have plenty of options available, so you can look through our selection and find the goods that suit your products perfectly.
Would you like to know more? Please feel free to call us on +6421 555 204 if you’d like to speak to us.
At Ember Sustainable Packaging, we value quality and sustainability. We’d love to help you improve your business!